Honest, Frank Support

Please check this forum regularly for important notices.
Adrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Honest, Frank Support

Postby Adrian » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:14 pm

Hi all

This discussion board is here to provide support to anyone who is affected by codeine (and associated medicines) addiction/dependency.

There are all types of people from varying walks of life, with differing experiences posting.

Whilst each person has issues with codeine they are all unique to each and everyone here. Most people can discuss this from the first person perspective (ie the "addict").

For some of us we post from a third person perspective (ie cared for "addicts").

There is a common goal for all and that is "Codeine-Free" forever.

The combined expertise and experience on this board is second to none. There is no judgement of individuals and there is most certainly genuine support for ALL no matter what their situation.

Sometimes people may sound off because they're upset, frustrated, angry, confused etc and that is ok. We are all human and therefore that means we carry the burden of all that is human.

Sometimes it's not always easy to convey a message with its intended meaning on this site, (it's only 2 dimensional after all) and subsequently the point is lost in translation.

It is important to remember that whatever is said the responses are always meant as support whether thay are nice kindly words, encouraging ones or the opposite. It isn't nice to be challenged or chastised by another but sometimes a point has to be made in order to convey the right information.

We can all sit here everyday blowing "sunshine up each other" and that's fine in most situations. There are occasions however when this would be the wrong tack.

In order to recover from any illness, whatever it may be that the individual takes back control of their life and becomes less dependent on others.

If I cared for all my patients by doing everything for them and only ever saying nice things, the chances are they would take a very long time to recover. The people who recover the better and quicker are the ones who are encouraged (sometimes with a bit of "tough-love") to regain their independence as soon as possible.

Do remember though there isn't really a war on and no-one needs to take sides. There is only one real enemy and that is the addiction to codeine.

So keep posting everyone, shout and scream if you have to, but also be prepared for comments and suggestions that aren't always the ones you want.

Take care all and keep off the codeine, i've heard its a nasty bugger!

Adrian
The Original www.codeinefree.me.uk

It is easy to get a thousand prescriptions but hard to get one single remedy.

Blog - http://adrian.codeinefree.me.uk/ 8)
Yummy Mummy
Diamond
Diamond

Postby Yummy Mummy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:31 pm

Thank you Adrian. You are right. At the end of the day we all have a common goal, to become codeine free.

I have been inspired by other members stories and overwhelmed at the amount of support there is on this site for members like me who are on the first rung of the ladder to attain that ultimate goal.

Thank you for being one of those people.

YM x
cathy

Postby cathy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:30 am

Thank you for your wise words Adrian.

You and many others on this site have always shown me kindness and support.

I agree though that sometimes tougher words are needed although this is still meant as encouragement.

The ultimate aim is to become codeine free and I doubt whether I would be in the position I am now in without this site and the kind words I have received since I first plucked up the courage to make that first post.

Thank you Adrian and everyone else who has helped me along my way.

Cathy.
skeet1
Diamond
Diamond

Postby skeet1 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:49 am

Great stuff Adrian :idea:
StressHead
Diamond
Diamond

Re: Honest, Frank Support

Postby StressHead » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi Adrian, you sound like a very caring person. But I hope I don't run into you, as you would see stiaght through me. But it truly is great to find somewhere to talk and get thing's off your chest. I would also like to mention that I used to think that my situation was hopless, even though I only found this site three days ago.

Cheers StressHead 8)
Brendala

Postby Brendala » Wed May 14, 2008 10:54 am

Yesterday I didn't even think about coming off codeine linctus, a daily habit for many years. Today, after finding this site, I feel encouraged by reading others thoughts who are in the same boat, wanting to find a life without the crutch of codeine and sharing of themselves so freely.
The first step has been taken on the long road, back to me.
Thank you for providing a site that feels safe and non-judgemental. Reading about others who have come off and stayed clean gives me hope for myself.
It's a long kept secret that makes me feel ashamed for being addicted for so long.
Adrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Adrian » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:09 pm

I can't believe I wrote that 9 years ago; where has the time gone?
Message remains the same though.
The Original www.codeinefree.me.uk

It is easy to get a thousand prescriptions but hard to get one single remedy.

Blog - http://adrian.codeinefree.me.uk/ 8)
claire b
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby claire b » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:23 pm

All good messages never change !

Sent from my iPhone usring Codeinefree
A goal with out a plan is just a wish
Live well, love much, laugh often :lol:

Return to “Important Notices”