Bad night! 4 hrs sleep & severe RLS.

Assorted quizzes, competitions, sometimes festive fun and games.
qawraqueen
Diamond
Diamond

Bad night! 4 hrs sleep & severe RLS.

Postby qawraqueen » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:43 am

I am now wondering if I am physically able to cope with this much longer. Lack of sleep is going to result in me having a fall or some kind of accident if it continues. I have no balance even on a good day and need 2 sticks to help me walk. If my concentration goes, I usually take a painful tumble. Pushing a wheelchair is a nightmare when I'm exhausted as I struggle to co-ordinate my body and make the damn chair go in a simple straight line!
I keep saying it will pass and I am pro-active in "treating" RLS symptoms but it's becoming harder to believe I'll be ok. I do get more tired when my son is on school holidays cos he bounces around all the time, so I'll stay focused on fixing myself till he goes back to school next week. Maybe I should sleep during the day cos my legs are usually still then! Sods Law, innit???? :?
Failure isn't falling down, it's not getting back up again that makes you fail!
"Wisdom is the knowledge you gain from experience."
"Forgiveness and success is the best kind of revenge against people who attack you because it drives them crazy! :lol: "
fruitloop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fruitloop » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 am

One thing claire has said that I think is genius (she says a lot of things that I think are genius but this one is relevant to your post) is, even if you cant SLEEP, REST is almost as good. So if you cant get to sleep because your legs are hassling you, try to relax yourself as much as is possible. There are some relaxation soundbites on here somewhere and if you want pm me because I have some relaxation techniques that I use that have really helped me that are far too long to post in here!
You have gotten through SO much, you have never let your body call the shots before, why start now?
[font=Comic Sans MS]
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome. Dr. Samuel Johnson
[/font]

qawraqueen
Diamond
Diamond

Postby qawraqueen » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:31 pm

I know you're right, Fruitloop. I SHOULD rest but my mind torments me and I start stressing about the things that need to be sorted. It's like being on a hamster wheel in my head sometimes.
I paid my PA to do some extra hours today and we've been scrubbing kitchen cupboards, chucking out junk, and generally making my kitchen more "Disabled friendly". My son's dad was always in control of the kitchen, so now I'm moving things lower so I can cope better. It's gonna help me lose weight, moving around increases blood circulation and I get a great kitchen! I'd say it's been a good day so far!

"Forgiveness and success is the best kind of revenge against people who attack you because it drives them crazy! :lol: "

willow2
Diamond
Diamond

Postby willow2 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi Qawraqueen

So sorry that you didn't get a good nights sleep but as Fruitloop says as Claire says rest is just as good if you can just quieten your mind and rest then maybe it will help with the RLS.

Hope that the rest of your day improves and that you manage to get some rest. As you say when your son's back at school next week maybe you can get some sleep during the day or relax with a good book or something like that.

Take care and be kind to yourself
Love and blessings Wxx

Sounds like you've had a pretty productive morning, glad you're making you kitchen more disable friendly, I know the importance of that.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday so why worry
qawraqueen
Diamond
Diamond

Postby qawraqueen » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm getting frustrated now cos my legs are kicking already and I ain't even in bed! :?
I've had a reasonably active day, including a 5 minute "jog" (bouncy sit!) on the Wii and I love my new kitchen layout. I just hope I can remember where everything is! I made liver in onion gravy, peas and mashed potatoes (I have to eat boiled rice) for my son's dinner followed by ice cream and he's grinning now cos it means I'm well enough to feed him properly! It does feel nice to have a decent dinner again, even though I'm knackered.
I'm looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow. I'm not expecting anyone so I'm gonna turn my alarm off and hopefully, have a lie-in.
In case anyone is wondering - I'm not sure I'd recommend passion flower tincture as a cure for RLS. It's expensive, tastes disgusting and I don't see any real improvement in my legs.
I'm gonna settle down and do my tapestry now. If I fall asleep, I'll be grateful. If not, I'll survive. My son is in his bedroom on his computer and seems content to be left alone for now. A much needed quiet day.

CaptainKidd
Diamond
Diamond

Re: Bad night! 4 hrs sleep & severe RLS.

Postby CaptainKidd » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Sorry to hear your legs are still causing you trouble, you are still doing great as i know how easy it must be for you to just take some codeine as it would easily cure it. Have you had a word with your doctor to see if he can offer any advice on the matter?
willow2
Diamond
Diamond

Postby willow2 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi Qawraqueen

Sorry to hear that your legs are playing up already this evening, it must drive you crazy. It's a good suggestion of CaptainKidd about talking to your doctor about it, maybe there's something he can give you that will help even if just for a short while just long enough for you to catch up on some sleep.

Remember as Fruitloop/Claire say about resting as best you can, maybe burn some lavender oil in an oil burner if you have one. How often do you see you trainer, is there anything he/she can suggest or do to help with the RLS?

Hope and pray that you get a good nights sleep in the end, just try and relax in the mean time.

Take care and be kind to yourself
Hugs Wxx
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday so why worry

Return to “Fun and Games”