Whats going to be on your Christmas Lunch menu??

Assorted quizzes, competitions, sometimes festive fun and games.
julie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Whats going to be on your Christmas Lunch menu??

Postby julie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:00 pm

We are having turkey crown, stuffing and loads of veg. ANd my favourite thing Bread sauce!!
I dont like Christmas Pudding though but Mark eats that with his Brandy sauce

How about you???
“They can't hurt you unless you let them."

"nananananananana VatMan!"
qawraqueen
Diamond
Diamond

Postby qawraqueen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:12 pm

This is my first christmas with allergy-asthma, so life is going to be a bit different this time round.
I can eat turkey and as many vegetables as I like (phew! :D ), but I can't have potatoes, stuffing, gravy or sauces. Luckily, I can roast some sweet potatoes and they look like normal ones so it won't be so bad. No pudding or desserts for me though this year cos I can't tolerate sugar, fruit or ice cream. I don't mind though. At least I have a home with food in it! :D I'm gonna be very grateful this year.
Failure isn't falling down, it's not getting back up again that makes you fail!
"Wisdom is the knowledge you gain from experience."
"Forgiveness and success is the best kind of revenge against people who attack you because it drives them crazy! :lol: "
claire b
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Whats going to be on your Christmas Lunch menu??

Postby claire b » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:52 pm

Roast Parsnips in Olive Oil, sprouts.. loads of them, yummy!
cranberry and orange sauce
peas and carrots....
and lentil bake with marigold vegan gravy..... yummy yummy

maybe vegan christmas pud(soaked in brandy) with soya cream for later on!!

The rest will be having turkey and something called giblets has been mentioned... although I am banned from the kitchen at that stage!!

Thats if I get there, at this rate with the weather forecast it will be anything I have left in the fridge/freezer!!
A goal with out a plan is just a wish
Live well, love much, laugh often :lol:
julie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby julie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:31 am

that marigold vegan gravy sounds yummy Claire!!
“They can't hurt you unless you let them."

"nananananananana VatMan!"
fruitloop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fruitloop » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:49 am

I don't know the full menu as my dad is organising it. But we always have a starter of my dads choosing (and my dads making), then the full turkey and all the trimmings and I mean ALL...chipolatas, loads of different veg, two different kinds of stuffing, gravy, bread sauce, potatoes...etc. etc.

Then...pudding - there is always christmas pudding (shop bought since my grandma died, she used to make them), mince pies (shop for same reason), and then 3 other things, again, no idea what, will find out when my dad asks for help with them I expect!

Then, cheeseboard, we have a platter about 2 foot long that gets piled nearly a foot high with different cheeses, my uncle keith does that and he basically trawls all the shops in his area for random and bizarre cheeses aswell as the usual favourites. The cheeseboard often gets left until late xmas afternoon where we have the "annual general meeting of the cheese society" - my dad, me, my uncle, my godmother, my aunt, my cousin...and occasionally others will float in and out. However in recent years this has degenerated into the annual general meeting of the cheese and cocktails society....
[font=Comic Sans MS]
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome. Dr. Samuel Johnson
[/font]

qawraqueen
Diamond
Diamond

Postby qawraqueen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:33 am

Awwwww! I wanna come to your house, Fruitloop!! I lurrrve cheese! :lol: Can't eat bugger all else on the list though! :lol:
Failure isn't falling down, it's not getting back up again that makes you fail!

"Wisdom is the knowledge you gain from experience."

"Forgiveness and success is the best kind of revenge against people who attack you because it drives them crazy! :lol: "

fruitloop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fruitloop » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:39 am

I love cheese too!! My dad and I are both lactose intolerant....we both dose ourselves up with lactase tablets but theres still the odd fight for the bathroom...so worth it though!!
[font=Comic Sans MS]
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome. Dr. Samuel Johnson
[/font]

stevenx
Diamond
Diamond

Postby stevenx » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Turkey all the way :)

Return to “Fun and Games”