Lets Beat the January Blues!

Assorted quizzes, competitions, sometimes festive fun and games.
fruitloop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lets Beat the January Blues!

Postby fruitloop » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:08 pm

It has come to my attention that a lot of us, on here and in my real life, are experiencing what I can only describe as "a bit of a downer".
January is a miserable time, weather is crap, christmas is over, everyone is fed up.
So, share your methods of dealing with the January blues here! Might encourage yourself to be proactive in helping yourself, and might give other people some ideas!

What I have done recently is treat myself to a new fountain pen, some pretty coloured inks, and started writing again! I also spent my christmas book voucher that my dad got me on some new books I have wanted for ages.
In the non-spending-money stakes, I have dedicated a little more time to cooking, which is a great love of mine.

What are your methods for beating the blues?
[font=Comic Sans MS]
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome. Dr. Samuel Johnson
[/font]

qawraqueen
Diamond
Diamond

Postby qawraqueen » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Does "bouncy sitting" count cos it makes me laugh and it's fun! :lol:
Failure isn't falling down, it's not getting back up again that makes you fail!
"Wisdom is the knowledge you gain from experience."
"Forgiveness and success is the best kind of revenge against people who attack you because it drives them crazy! :lol: "
fruitloop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fruitloop » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:44 pm

course it does! anything that cheers people up. I have been unconsciously bouncy sitting in my lab to tina turner today (shh, shes a legend, and i was sad, its all allowed) and getting some seriously funny looks. Oh well, place needs livening up anyway and I'm just the midget to do it!
[font=Comic Sans MS]
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome. Dr. Samuel Johnson
[/font]

claire b
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lets Beat the January Blues!

Postby claire b » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:12 pm

I always reserve a week off work... not to go on holiday but to take things slowly, catch up on answering the Christmas cards, do a bit of pring cleaning(yuk) and spending any spare money from my Christmas box.... it starts next week!!
A goal with out a plan is just a wish
Live well, love much, laugh often :lol:
willow2
Diamond
Diamond

Postby willow2 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Well hubby and me are starting a healthier life style starting tomorrow we both have loads of weight to lose but we're making it a fun as possible trying out new recipes and things, I drawing up a food and exercise diary something I've never done before as we're both determind to lose the weight. Might sound hard work but I'll make it as fun as possible, it's a positive move forward for both of us. While I was popping codeine I couldn't care less about my weight and was always on a half hearted diet.

All recipes ideas greatfully received there's not alot we don't eat. THIS WILL BE FUN AND ENJOYABLE
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday so why worry
claire b
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby claire b » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:50 pm

I love fruit, but sometimes this can be a tad expensve, but if you look in the frozen stuff you can get good value fruits such as blackcurrants and raspberries all year round. Great with yoghurt or on cereal.. or on their own!
(not a recipe, but I am not a great cook!)

claire b
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby claire b » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:53 pm

you asked for recipes... but you know to lose weight you need to exercise, well I am not going to go all Matt Roberts on you, as I know a bit about you and your hubby.... can I suggest a walk, together, maybe binoculars to spy birds or other stuff?
We dont have much time together, but do enjoy a walk if we can(I am always itching to break into a run! not to get away from him, I hasten to add!)
claire

Return to “Fun and Games”